The area includes both fundamental and applied research in database management, data mining, and data warehousing. Faculty research includes database and data warehouse; data mining methodologies and applications, specifically privacy preserving data mining, anomaly detection, spatial data mining, and data mining for digital government; data integration; and mobile databases. Research has been conducted in application areas such as cyber security, GIS, healthcare, and digital government.
Faculty with an interest in DB/DM:
- Zhiyuan Chen, PhD, Cornell University (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Associate Professor] [Graduate Program Director, IS]
- Aryya Gangopadhyay, PhD, Rutgers University (email@example.com) [Professor] [Chair]
- Vandana Janeja, PhD, Rutgers University (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Associate Professor]
- George Karabatis, PhD, University of Houston (email@example.com) [Associate Professor] [Associate Chair for Academic Affairs]
- A. Gunes Koru, PhD, Southern Methodist University (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Associate Professor]
- Jianwu Wang, PhD, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (email@example.com) [Assistant Professor]