We are always excited to welcome new people into the department. You can find our open positions below, followed by a video highlighting our department culture.
Positions will be posted as they become available.
Lecturer in Health IT MPS (Non-Tenure Track)
- The minimum qualification is a Master’s degree in health informatics, health information technology, or a closely related discipline
- The position will teach a wide range of courses, primarily at the Graduate level
- Involves advising students, mentoring teaching assistants, and helping to shape departmental practices and policies
- Candidates who have had a non-academic career are encouraged to apply and should emphasize their commitment to staff development and mentorship
Review of application materials will begin March 1, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
The anticipated start date is Summer 2023 or Fall 2023 at the latest.
Apply via Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/119647
Multiple Open Rank Faculty Positions, Renewable Energy and Sustainability
- Assistant, associate, or full professor levels
- Example areas of interest include:
- Climate, water, and sustainable materials: bio- and circular economies; carbon management; climate change; food-energy-water nexus; life-cycle assessment and technoeconomic analysis; materials and processes for a sustainable economy
- Energy: batteries and fuel cells; carbon-neutral energy generation, transmission, and storage; electric vehicles and energy-efficient transportation systems; energy and environmental justice; renewable or green energy (e.g., bioenergy, geothermal, nuclear, ocean, solar, wind)
- Sustainable computing: artificial intelligence for sustainability and renewable energy; energy-related cyber-physical systems; smart energy systems, grids, buildings, and cities
Review of applications will begin on January 9, 2023 and continue until the positions are filled
The anticipated start date for these full-time, nine-month positions is August 1, 2023.
Apply via Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/119697
UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.