We primarily focus on applying AI techniques such as natural language processing, machine learning, multi-agent, and intelligent tutoring to a variety of applications including knowledge management (knowledge acquisition, filtering, organization, and reuse, etc), text mining, information extraction, ontology development, and Web-based learning.
Faculty with an interest in AI/KM:
- Lujie Karen Chen, Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Assistant Professor]
- Md Osman Gani, Ph.D., Marquette University (email@example.com) [Assistant Professor]
- Karuna P Joshi, PhD, UMBC (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Associate Professor] [Undergraduate Program Director, BTA]
- Shimei Pan, PhD, Columbia University(email@example.com [Associate Professor]
- Maryam Rahnemoonfar, Ph.D, University of Salford Manchester (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Associate Professor]
- Nirmalya Roy, PhD, University of Texas at Arlington (email@example.com) [Assistant Professor]