Combined Bachelor’s and Master’s.
Claim Your Future…faster.
Our accelerated programs enable high-achieving undergraduate students to add a master’s degree to their studies for less time and money than traditional academic journeys. This is possible because accelerated programs allow up to 9 credits to be double counted towards your undergraduate and graduate coursework.
That means you can leave UMBC with a bachelor’s and master’s degree with just one to one-and-a-half additional years of study.
Currently, we offer four options for acceleration. If you are a current or prospective undergraduate student, take a look at the accelerated combination that interests you.
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Information Systems (On Campus)
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Information Systems (Online)
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Human Centered Computing
- Bachelor of Arts/ Master or Science in Human Centered Computing
Who is Eligible to Accelerate?
- IS & BTA undergraduate students
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA for consideration
Why Choose an Accelerated Program?
- Mix and match your areas of interest
- Save money with double counted classes
- Be more competitive in the workforce
- Earn a higher salary upon graduation
- More time to complete research
How Can I Accelerate?
- Review the program(s) that interest you
- Talk to your Academic Advisor
- Make sure you meet the minimum requirements
- Gather required documents
- Complete the IS Accelerated Programs Application
Deadlines for applications to the combined programs are December 15 and June 15.