To increase efficiency and effectiveness many organizations rely upon decision making support built into their data and information systems. This upper division certificate in Decision Making Support provides students with the background and experience necessary to create automated information systems including coursework in decision support, artificial intelligence and enterprise management topics.
Certificate programs are for current UMBC undergraduate students. Notice of successful completion is placed on the transcript at time of graduation. There is not a separate certificate document.
NOTE: All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better
Courses: 12 upper level credits
- IS 325 – Management Science (credits: 3)
- IS 425 – Decision Support Systems (credits: 3)
At least 2 of the following:
- IS 427 – Artificial Intelligence (credits: 3)
- IS 428 – Data Mining Techniques and Applications (credits: 3)
- IS 438 – Project Management (credits: 3)
Course descriptions can be found in the Course Catalog.