Our Vision is to expand our role as global leaders at the intersection of information, technology, and people, by promoting inclusive student-centered teaching, reimagining life-long learning, advancing innovative interdisciplinary research, and championing civic engagement.
The mission of UMBC’s Department of Information Systems is to:
- Broaden participation and empower student learning through teaching and mentorship for the development of real world skills in the design and implementation of information technologies.
- Advance fundamental, technical and applied research to support both developers and users of information systems.
- Encourage continuous learning and growth of our UMBC community by fostering innovation and collaboration to build a diverse and modern professional workforce which can adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Promote social justice through civically engaged research, teaching and service.
- Create a positive impact on our local community and the global society.
- Continuously evolve and communicate our unique identity by advancing innovation, inclusion, and interdisciplinary collaboration.