|Overview|||||Program Details|||||Specializations|||||Admission Requirements|||||FAQ|
The Master’s in Information Systems program admits students for Fall and Spring semesters. We recommend submitting all required materials as early as possible, since we often have to cap enrollments due to space limitations. The deadlines to apply are as follows:
Fall: May 1
Spring: October 1
Fall: April 1
Spring: October 1
- A bachelor’s/undergraduate degree from an accredited university (3 year bachelor’s degrees are accepted).
- 3.0 GPA
- The majority of successful applicants have an undergraduate GPA well above 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Applicants without IT background are expected to have an undergraduate GPA well above 3.0 and have a solid math background (e.g., having completed some math courses such as calculus or statistics).
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language fluently
- Those whose native language is not English are required to take a language proficiency test. The only exception to this requirement is for students who have earned a post-secondary degree from an accredited university in the United States. Students who have received post-secondary degrees from a U.S. institution and whose native language is not English may be required to demonstrate proficiency in English.
- We currently accept Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS (International English Language Testing System), and PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English). The minimum acceptable combined TOEFL score is 550 (written), 213 (computer based) or 80 (iBT-Internet based). The TOEFL code for UMBC is 5835. For IELTS, the minimum acceptable total score is 6.5. A minimum score of 53 is required on the PTE Academic test. For Fall 2022 applicants, we will also accept Duolingo English test. The minimum required score is 105.
- Statement of Purpose (part of the application)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Electronic Transcripts
- If your institutions use electronic transcripts as official documents, please have them sent to Kathie Nee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for domestic applications and to Scott Philips (email@example.com) for international applications
- The UMBC Graduate School will accept official WES ICAP Course-by-Course evaluations as fulfillment of the requirement for official transcripts in the admissions process.
- All application materials must be submitted by the deadline. Only completed applications will be considered.
- GRE scores ARE NOT required
If you need any further information, please contact Shannon Keegan (firstname.lastname@example.org).