Many modern information systems are designed for web access. This upper division certificate in web design allows students to gain the knowledge and experience necessary to analyze, design and create web based interfaces for a variety of organizations through a combination of courses that address high level programming, content creation, and computer interface design.
*Certificate programs are for current UMBC undergraduate students. Notice of successful completion is placed on the transcript at time of graduation. There is not a separate certificate document.
NOTE: All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better.
Courses (15 credits)
- IS 247—Computer Programming II
- IS 303—Human Factors in Computer Systems Design
- IS 403—User Interface Design
- IS 413—GUI Systems Using Java
- IS 448—Markup and Scripting Languages
Course descriptions can be found in the Course Catalog.