Course requirements for IS minors who signed up prior to Fall 2020:
The IS minor consists of three required IS courses, a required programming course, and two IS electives. Course descriptions can be found in the Course Catalog.
The three required IS courses are:
- IS 101 – Introduction to Computer-Based Systems OR COMP 101 – Computational Thinking and Design OR any IS upper-level elective.
- IS 202 – Systems Analysis Methods
- IS 300 – Management Information Systems
The student may choose one of the following for the programming course:
- IS 125 – Information Systems Logic & Structured Design OR IS 147 – Introduction to Computer Programming
Plus two electives from the following list:
- IS 303 – Human Factors in Computer System Design
- IS 310 – Software and Hardware Concepts
- IS 317 – Accounting Information Systems
- IS 361 – Technology for Management of Aging Services
- IS 320 – Advanced Business Applications
- IS 325 – Introduction to Management Science
- IS 350 – Business Communications Systems
- IS 403 – User Interface Design
- IS 430 – Information Systems and Security
- IS 438 – Project Management
- IS 460 – Health Care Informatics I
- The IS minor is not available to IS or BTA majors.
- CMSC 201 will be accepted as a substitute for IS 125 or 147 for students who are or were declared CMSC or CMPE majors.
- The IS minor constitutes 18 credits, including 9 upper-level credits.
- Some of the courses in the list of options have prerequisites that are not part of the minor.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better.